With hybrid working models forced upon many businesses during the pandemic, businesses and employees have had to embrace this way of working. What’s key with working remotely is being able to access the necessary systems and information so staff can work seamlessly from anywhere. Businesses need to remain productive, effective, and efficient.
In line with this, Microsoft have just released Windows 365, their revolutionary cloud PC, allowing people to work from anywhere more easily. But what is it, and is it worth the hype?
Put simply it’s a cloud PC that you can stream from any device. It’s also been referred to as your PC stored in the cloud, Desktop as a Service (DaaS), and virtual PC running off a range of Azure servers in the cloud.
What is a cloud PC?
Basically, once online, you select the CPU, RAM, and storage of your new PC (that’s in the cloud) and you can start using it straight away. Instead of ordering new laptops through your supplier and waiting for them to arrive, you select what you want, and your PC is safely stored in the cloud.
Then, you can use any device to log in to your cloud PC via a browser or through the Windows 365 app. It will look the same from any device you access, and it allows you to pick up from where you left off.
How does it differ from Microsoft 365?
Don’t confuse Windows 365 with Microsoft 365. Both are made by Microsoft, and both use 365 in their name, but they’re different. Windows 365 is your PC in the cloud with an operating system, whereas Microsoft 365 is a suite of Office apps to help you be productive and collaborate. This includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, and the list goes on.
Having a cloud PC or Windows 365 means:
- your data and PC are stored in the cloud, so if your device is lost or stolen, your cloud PC and data are safe and backed up.
- updates, security, and compliance are managed by Microsoft in the cloud, so you can rest easy knowing that you’re working on the latest updated version that is secure and compliant.
- the cloud PC has a faster internet connection which means if you have a large number of files, or a large file to download, it will happen much quicker.
- if you want a higher spec cloud PC, you simply upgrade to what you need, and you can start using it straight away.
- employees can log on and off their work cloud PC from any device to get things done more efficiently and effectively.
Is Windows 365 good for business?
Windows 365 is a revolutionary way to do business. You won’t need to upgrade your devices as often; you just select what you need and start using it. No lengthy delays with deliveries of new laptops from suppliers or dealing with asset management, it’s stored and safe in the cloud.
All you need is a device, an internet connection, and a browser (or the app) and you are ready to go. This allows you and your staff to work remotely from anywhere in the world, on the move or from home, seamlessly.
If you’d like to know more about what you can do to make your business secure online, contact the experts at INTELLIWORX today.