As a small business, you are aware that your profit margin can be tight and a big capital investment into IT infrastructure can sometimes seem overwhelming. With the continual advances in technology and the increases in bandwidth for wider area network connections over the internet, cloud computing has become widely accepted and available. For a small business, cloud computing can bring a more affordable cost structure, flexibility in planning for growth, enable a more mobile workforce and leverage better technology than may typically be afforded. Here are some of the benefits of cloud computing for small business:
- Moving or establishing your IT infrastructure in the cloud can mean saving on upfront capital investment, not only on initial infrastructure costs, but on replacement of ageing infrastructure every 4-5 years.
- By having your infrastructure hosted in the cloud, you can leverage the higher-end technology and environment that has been set up in the cloud, which as a small business you may not typically be able to afford on your own premises. For instance, the best cloud data centres should be certified, have a priority electricity supply, be in a highly regulated physical environment and the very capable physical servers are proactively updated and replaced to ensure the best service.
- When your business begins to grow, with cloud computing it is as simple as expanding your storage requirements with your cloud provider, no major projects to install a new server. The flexibility to grow or shrink your data requirements is built into the technology service.
- Whether your staff are working in the office or from home, having your data and applications in the cloud means it’s no different and your workforce can be mobile, working from anywhere that there is an internet connection or mobile phone signal!
- Achieve certification more easily for yourselves if you are in a highly regulated sector by using the certified cloud computing solutions. You can tick all those boxes more easily when the experts are looking after your data in the secure cloud environment.
If you are interested in finding out more about utilising cloud computing for your business, contact us, we would love to help you.
#cloudcomputing #smallbusinesscloud #leveragingthecloud #IaaS